Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump Manufacturer
JD VACUUM SERVICE is a leader in manufacturing an entire range of vacuum products that meet international standards. Our Liquid ring vacuum pump are broadly used by several industries for different applications.
Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
A liquid ring vacuum pump is a type of vacuum pump that uses a liquid, typically water, to create a partial vacuum by centrifugal force. The pump has a cylindrical casing that contains a liquid (usually water) and a rotor with blades that rotates inside the casing. The blades create a rotating ring of liquid inside the casing, which forms a seal against the walls of the casing.
As the rotor spins, the liquid ring creates a partial vacuum in the spaces between the blades. Gas or air is drawn into the pump through the inlet port and into the area of partial vacuum. The gas or air is compressed and expelled through the outlet port.
The liquid used in the pump provides several benefits, including acting as a sealant, a coolant, and a lubricant. The liquid ring also helps to reduce the amount of noise and vibration generated by the pump.
Liquid ring vacuum pumps are commonly used in a variety of industrial applications, including chemical processing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and food processing. They are well-suited for handling wet and/or corrosive gases and can achieve vacuum levels down to 25 torr (33 mbar) or lower.
LIQUID RING VACUUM PUMPS – A QUALITY PRODUCT FROM A RELIABLE VACUUM PRODUCTS MANUFACTURER IN INDIA ENSURE THE BEST PERFORMANCE WITH TROUBLE-FREE OPERATION
Manufacturing using high-grade raw materials and cutting-edge technology, our products ensure customers’ trouble-free operation to enhance the efficiency of their complex processes.
Our liquid ring vacuum pumps are highly efficient and simple to operate as well as maintain. Moreover, its robust construction enables it to handle unexpected process upsets such as liquid in the suction, without any damage.
LIQUID RING VACUUM PUMPS – APPLICATIONS
The liquid ring vacuum pump is designed to handle liquid, water, gas, and air movement applications in various industries. JD VACUUM SERVICE designs vacuum pumps based on widely acclaimed liquid ring technology to offer high-end transfer solutions in industries.
LIQUID RING VACUUM PUMPS – SALIENT FEATURES
Our liquid ring vacuum pumps comprise ruggedness and versatility with several more important features as follows.
Our liquid ring pumps are the best devices for handling applications like
- Vacuum filtration
- Extracting moisture
- Removal of water from the pulp during paper
Available in 5000 m3/hr to 22000 m3/hr working capacity, our liquid ring vacuum pump is the right device for use in sugar mills, oil refineries, distilleries, coal washeries, power plants, and mines.
- Available with either single-stage or two-stage Liquid ring Vacuum Pumps.
- Designed to be environmentally friendly and eliminate pollution.
- Reduced service Liquid consumption.
- The completed package design includes all necessary components.
Available in a wide choice of materials.
- Control Valve and instrumentation are also available for fully automatic operation.
- Custom design according to customers’ specifications is the specialty.
- Electrical Control Panel, Including skid wiring available as an option.
- All pumps include mechanical Shaft Seals as standard practice.
- Available with either shell & tube or plate type heat exchanger for maximum heat transfer efficiency and minimum cooling water requirements.
It can serve a wide range of applications in different industries such as
- Petroleum Industry
- Textile Industry
- Metalwork Industry
- Oil And Gas
- Automotive Industry
- Vapor Extraction
- Power Generation
- Food Processing
- Seawater Deaeration
- Brick Extrusion
Our precisely designed products are ideal for specific dirty, humid as well as huge applications in heavy industries. Our simple yet robust and reliable liquid ring vacuum pumps are the ideal choice for our customers. It delivers sustainable productivity even in harsh environments.
The working principle of a liquid ring vacuum pump can be explained in the following steps:
- The pump is initially filled with a liquid, typically water, up to a certain level.
- The rotor, which is eccentrically mounted in the pump casing, rotates at a high speed (typically 1750-3500 RPM) with the help of a motor.
- The rotating blades of the rotor create a rotating ring of liquid inside the pump casing due to centrifugal force.
- As the rotor spins, the rotating liquid creates a partial vacuum in the spaces between the blades.
- Gas or air is drawn into the pump through the inlet port and is compressed by the rotating liquid ring, reducing the pressure.
- The compressed gas or air is expelled through the outlet port.
- The liquid ring helps to seal the spaces between the blades and acts as a coolant and a lubricant for the pump.
- The liquid ring is maintained at a constant level by the injection of fresh liquid into the pump and the discharge of the excess liquid from the discharge port.
- The vacuum level achieved by the pump depends on the speed of the rotor, the amount of liquid in the pump, and the design of the pump.
- The liquid used in the pump can also help to reduce the amount of noise and vibration generated by the pump.
Overall, the liquid ring vacuum pump relies on the creation of a rotating liquid ring to generate a partial vacuum and compress gases or air. The use of liquid in the pump also provides additional benefits such as sealing, cooling, and lubrication.
problems and solutions
Here are some common problems that can occur with a liquid ring vacuum pump and their possible solutions:
- Cavitation: Cavitation occurs when the vacuum level in the pump is too low, and the liquid is boiled by the incoming gas. This can lead to damage to the pump and reduced efficiency.
Solution: Ensure that the pump is operated within its recommended range, maintain the liquid level in the pump, and ensure that the liquid used in the pump is suitable for the application.
- Corrosion: Corrosion can occur in the pump due to the presence of corrosive gases or liquids, which can cause damage to the pump casing and other components.
Solution: Use appropriate materials for the pump components that are resistant to the corrosive gases or liquids, and use a suitable liquid for the pump that is compatible with the gases or liquids being pumped.
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to high ambient temperatures or high process temperatures, which can lead to reduced pump performance and damage to the pump components.
Solution: Ensure that the pump is installed in a cool, well-ventilated location, and use appropriate cooling mechanisms such as fans or water cooling. Use a liquid for the pump that is compatible with high process temperatures.
- Seal failure: Seal failure can occur due to wear and tear on the pump seals, which can cause leakage and reduced pump performance.
Solution: Replace worn or damaged seals promptly, and use high-quality seals that are suitable for the application.
- Vibration: Vibration can occur due to improper installation, unbalanced rotor, or worn bearings, which can lead to reduced pump performance and damage to the pump components.
Solution: Ensure that the pump is installed and aligned properly, balance the rotor regularly, and replace worn bearings promptly.
- Excessive noise: Excessive noise can occur due to cavitation, high-speed operation, or other factors, which can be a nuisance for operators and other personnel.
Solution: Identify the source of the noise and take appropriate measures to reduce it, such as reducing the speed of the pump or using noise-dampening materials.
By taking appropriate measures to prevent and address these common problems, the liquid ring vacuum pump can operate efficiently and reliably over its service life